write a message that uses the Six Cs to communicate the purpose to the audience. NOTE: You will need to revise the sentences provided here so that they fulfill the requirements of the Six Cs of Communication! Do not just copy/paste the sentences from here into your message. Some information may not be needed in the final message, something you must decide based on the Six Cs of Communication! Remember to use the You approach and positive emphasis!
Use the appropriate email, memo, or letter format for your message! You must choose which is most appropriate for the purpose and audience. (HINT: Each option requires a different type of medium. One option requires an email, one option requires a memo, and one option requires a letter.)
You are a tax accountant for a woman named Dr. Barbara Smith. She is a retired university professor. She recently received a letter from the IRS dated December 2, 2016. You need to send a message to the IRS on behalf of Dr. Smith to explain her situation and request a revised tax bill be sent to her.
In no particular order, here are the facts:
- The IRS claims that Dr. Smith had three income payments not reported or listed on her tax return.
- The Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association payment she received that year was $1,213. Of this amount, $516 was on her return on Schedule B as dividends.
- The College Retirement Equity Annuity payment she received of $2,656 seems to be missing from her return.
- Dr. Smith has a business that includes writing.
- Of the Teachers Inurance Annuity Association payment, $697 of it was listed on line 16 of the return as fully taxable pension.
- You want the IRS to send Dr. Smith a revised tax bill.
- Dr. Smith’s Social Security Number (SSN) is 123-56-9876.
- The book royalties of $275 she earned was included in the $4,660 gross receipts on Schedule C under Business Income.