Complete a comparative analysis of stratification systems.
- Choose at least three stratification systems. One must be the class system.
- Describe the social mobility of each stratification system.
- Explain how individuals are sorted within the systems.
- View the charts and graphs in Our Social World: An Introduction to Sociology, chapter 8.
- Compare Males by race, class, and education with females by race, class, and education.
- What do you find by doing this analysis? What do your findings show about stratification between these groups?
- Describe which gender and race category has the most power and why.