be able to apply one or more of the theoretical perspectives on deviance to one of the following topics:
Deviance in the military
1) Describe why the behavior is considered deviant.
2) How do these deviants view their own behavior? For example, do they regard their deviance as a one-time aberration or see it as a deviant career? Justify your answer.
3) In your view, what impacts (both positive and negative) does the deviant
behavior have on society?
4) In what ways has society responded or reacted to the deviance?
5) Provide an analysis of the deviant behavior from the perspective of ONE OR MORE of the sociological theories on deviance set out in the text and discussed in lectures.
- Length: Approximately 500-700 words, and should be very specific about the terms and concepts mentioned in your book.