The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your 1) knowledge and understanding of psychological theories and concepts – stress and happiness; 2) ability to interpret and analyze empirical data related to these concepts; and 3) apply what you have learned.
For this assignment, you will be using data collected in class on levels of Stress and Happiness, your text, a peer-reviewed manuscript, and videos.
- Take the Stress and Happiness Surveys
- Read Chapters 9 and 10 in your text
- Read the manuscript by Schiffrin and Nelson (2010)
- Watch the related videos in MPL and video links that will be provided
- Calculate your stress and happiness mean (average) scores. Record them in the chart below.
- Calculate your group’s stress and happiness mean (average) scores.
- Discuss your scores in relation to the other scores provided: Your class group; Large combined; Males; and Females; and the findings in Schiffrin and Nelson (2010). Describe the results and discuss (infer) what could be influencing the similarities and/or differences in reported scores.
- Prepare (in excel) or draw a graph illustrating your findings. Instructions on eCampus.
Refer to the section on correlational research in Chapter 1 for a review of research results.