Be sure to explore all the resources in your Studies for this discussion.
Synesthesia is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. For this discussion, complete the following:
- Describe the differences between top-down and bottom-up theories of perception.
- Test your perceptual patterns to determine whether you think synesthesia is based more on low-level or higher level cognitive processes, then discuss. You will need the resources on synesthesia for this part of the discussion.
- Name at least one famous person who is reported to have synesthesia and describe the type of synesthesia he or she experiences.
Please include the following in your response:
- Refer to and integrate ideas presented in the text and any supplemental readings.
- Cite outside resources to make your point if necessary.