Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
In this assignment, the criteria in your Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide are directly aligned to all of the competencies for the course.
- Competency 1: Analyze causal factors of terrorism related to domestic and international terrorism.
- Competency 2: Describe the importance of relationships and partnerships between local, state, and federal agencies in the detection and prevention of terrorist attacks.
- Competency 3: Articulate how terrorism impacts policy and operations of law enforcement in America.
- Competency 4: Establish how the relationship between local law enforcement and communities impacts domestic capability in the fight against terrorism.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
In this course, you have examined the causes, goals, and tactics of terrorism. You have also reviewed the impact that terrorism has had on law enforcement in the U.S. This impact has been felt at the federal, state, and local levels. In response to this threat, there have been changes in tactics, policies, training, and equipment. There have been initiatives to increase cooperation and coordination between levels of law enforcement. There have been specific changes in tactics, training, and policy. Included in this is the use of community-oriented policing (COP), changes to the active shooter response, multi-agency task forces and cooperatives, and funding from the federal government to lower levels for training and equipment. Within each of these areas you investigated not only the benefits each has to offer, but also discussed the ongoing difficulties to cooperation and communication, and the negative impact of some of these programs. This assignment will allow you to demonstrate your proficiency in these concepts, programs, and adaptations.
Write a 4–6 page paper (1–1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies. Address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1–4. This paper should showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context. This assignment should be placed in your ePortfolio for future reference, and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA guidelines.
- Required page count: 4–6, not including the title page or the references page.
- Required number of references: One reference per competency.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.