David E. Shi and George Brown Tindall, America: A Narrative History, Vol. 2, 10th ed. (New York: W.W. Norton, 2016) [ISBN: 9780393265958].
put the page number in the reference
An ideal post would be two solid paragraphs (that includes a thesis statement, a body of supporting evidence, and a conclusion that summarizes the main points). The post should be well constructed and free of grammatical errors, and be between 250 and 300 words. You do not need to undertake outside research in order to answer the question; although you may, if you like. It is a wise strategy to create your response as a Word document (that way, you have a copy for yourself). You must cite your sources both in your response and below it (Bibliography), using the Chicago Style citation format. Students who do not cite their work can expect to receive only a minimum grade of 60% for this assignment. It is expected that our textbook by Shi and Tindall will be a source and should likewise be accessed and cited.
Choose one (1) question.
1. Why and how did the cold war between the United States and the Soviet Union develop after the Second World War?
2. What was the impact of American efforts to contain the Soviet Union and the expansion of communism during President Harry S. Truman’s presidency?
3. How did Truman expand the New Deal? How effective was his own “Fair Deal” agenda?
4. How did the Red Scare emerge after the Second World War? How did it impact American politics and society?
5. What were President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s political philosophy and priorities?
6. What factors contributed to postwar prosperity? To what extent did all Americans benefit from it?
7. What were the criticisms of postwar American society and culture? What were the various forms of dissent and anxiety?
8, What were the goals and strategies of the civil rights movement that emerged in the 1950s? What was its impact?
9. What were President Eisenhower’s priorities in conducting the nation’s foreign policy? What was his influence on global affairs?