– The lack of services for parents who have children with disabilities (Learning, special education, developmental) in California.
Develop an original research study proposal.
Write a 3,500- to 4,200-word paper that describes your research study proposal.
Include at least 10 scholarly references in your paper.
Include detailed information on all the following topics:
- Statement of the problem: Introduce the reader to the problem to be studied. Provide sufficient background information so the reader has a grasp of the situation.
- Review of literature: Provide the reader with a review of salient literature, beginning with general information and narrowing the focus to the specific issues under consideration in the study.
- Purpose of the study: Identify why the study you are proposing is needed.
- Hypotheses research questions: List these as simple statements. Make sure they are measurable.
- Definition of terms: Operationally define terms the average reader may not know or that have a specific meaning in your study.
- Assumptions: Identify issues you assume to be true for your study to be valid.
- Research methods and procedures:
- Population: Describe the population being studied.
- Procedure: Discuss how the study will be carried out.
- Instruments: Describe the specific measurements used to test each hypothesis research question.
- Data analysis: Describe the procedures you intend to use to analyze the data produced from your instruments, as well as how these would answer the hypotheses (research questions.
- Results: Because you are only proposing and not conducting a research study, you will not have results; however, you can discuss potential outcomes of your study in the discussion section.
- Discussion: Review your hypotheses, and discuss potential outcomes. For example, if the results allow you to reject the null hypothesis, what are the implications? If the results compel you to accept the null hypothesis, what does that mean? Discuss the implications of your proposed study to the field, the limitations of your study, and future research ideas and directions.
- Conclusion: Provide a brief summary of your proposal.
- References: Include at least 10 scholarly sources.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.