The Patriot Act
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Develop a brief overview (i.e., no more than one  paragraph) of the issue.
- Recommend one (1) type of public policy out of the four (4) and develop a reasoning as to why this policy supports the Patriot Act. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Suggest two (2) policy modifications that may positively impact and two (2) policy modifications that may negatively impact the outcomes for the Patriot Act. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: In this question, you are recommending change to the public policy in Question #2 and how the changes will impact the Patriot Act.
- Suggest three (3) methods by which the Constitution—specifically the powers of Congress— addresses the role of government within business administration overall for the Patriot Act. Provide a rationale to support your response. Note: In this question, you are evaluating the relationship between government and business of the Patriot Act. Focus on the role(s) the government and businesses play in supporting and / or negating the Patriot Act.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old). Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites.. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as peer-reviewed.
Use the outline headings below that correspond to sections of the paper:
- Policy Issue (for Question 1)
- Public Policy (for Question 2)
- Policy Modification (for Question 3)
- The Constitution (for Question 4)
- References (for Question 5)
Assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.