Theory and Research in Social Psychology
For this assignment, first select one social psychology theory or concept of interest to you from the list below:
- Self-perception theory.
- Agent self.
- Appraisal motive and self-enhancement motive.
- Self-serving bias.
- Over-justification effect.
- Confirmation bias.
- Actor/observer bias.
- False consensus effect and false uniqueness effect.
- Theory perseverance.
Once you have selected a theory or concept, search in the Capella library to locate two scholarly research articles on the theory or concept. Use these articles to complete the following:
- Explain the theory or concept you selected.
- Describe the purpose of each study in the articles.
- Describe the research methods used in each of the studies.
- Explain the research findings for each study.
- Present specific examples of the theory or concept in practice.
- Your submitted assignment should be 3–4 pages in length, excluding title page and reference page.
- You are not required to use resources other than the two articles your assignment is based on; however, you may do so if you wish.
- Be sure that you follow APA (6th edition) guidelines for format and style.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double-space your paper.
- You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool. Refer to the Turnitin page linked in the Resources. You do not need to submit the report with your assignment.
Refer to the Theory and Research in Social Psychology Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.