It is two parts to this assignment.
Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
(Part 1)Responses to each essay prompt must be at least 400 words in length.
- Describe, in your own words, the three areas that explore the theories on ethics: Metaethics, Normative ethics, and Applied ethics.
- Go to any newspaper or news channel and pick up an instance of a news item that helps you describe the concept Embeddedness. Identify different elements within each level pertaining to Basic Goods and Secondary Goods that are essential for an individual’s ability to be good or perform good acts. Create a Table of Embeddedness by accepting the moral status of the Basic Goods. Explain how you can maintain ethics in the social/political sphere by accepting an individual claim to these Basic Goods.
- Write an essay on the Affordable Care Act passed by the President and Congress. How does it affect your finances and taxes that you pay to the government? What are the ambiguities in this new act? If you are given an option to choose between bettering your own finances at the cost of the government’s fair share of taxes, will you go ahead and exploit these ambiguities? Will you support and empathize with the disadvantaged section of the society? Try to fashion your response using your own opinions with some of the distinctions made in this chapter (use key terms).
- ( Part 2) identify the theory that underlies the proverb or rule of thumb, and
- generate a testable hypothesis, and suggest a possible strategy (descriptive, correlational, or experimental) to test the hypothesis. You need to fully explain your research strategy. If the method is experimental, you should identify independent and dependent variables and specify operational definitions.
Examples of proverbs include:
- “Birds of a feather flock together.”
- “Opposites attract.”
- “The grass is always greener on the other side.”
- “A letter takes three times as long to write as it does to say.”
- “The more languages you know, the easier it is for you to learn a new one.”
- “Wearing dark clothes on the bottom and light clothes on the top is usually more visually appealing than the reverse.”
- “It takes four hours to come down from your last cup of coffee.”
- “As family income rises, the ratio of women’s shoes to men’s shoes increases accordingly.”
- “The self-employed are more likely to live to a ripe old age than those who work for others.”
- “The shorter a word, the more meanings it has.”
- “Don’t change your first guess on a multiple-choice test when checking over your answers.”
You are not limited to this list of proverbs, these are provided to give you some ideas.
- 500-750 words