Throughout this course, you have explored the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention. Each aspect of the model has been discussed in length so that you have a good understanding of how to use this model. You have learned to ask appropriate questions, create rapport, convey empathy, consider ethical concerns, identify and break down all aspects of the problem, and problem-solve with a client to develop effective new coping strategies.
For this Assignment, you will pick one of the case studies provided and using the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention, write a six-page paper on how you as a crisis intervention worker will help the person who comes into your office with a crisis. Remember you can refer to the text on page 60 as your guide for discussing your intervention with the client.
Be sure to address the following in your written assignment as you apply the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention to the case study:
- Developing rapport and trust
- Identifying and breaking down the problem
- Precipitating event
- Perception of the event
- Subjective distress
- Impairment in functioning
- Identifying and explaining any ethical concerns
- Identifying any other conditions that are of concern
- Providing therapeutic interventions and suggestions for coping
Be sure to use specific information from the text to support your answers. When referencing the text, APA formatting must be used. Information regarding APA formatting can be found in the Writing Center and should be reviewed thoroughly. APA formatting dictates how your paper should appear on each page.
Your Assignment should include:
- An introduction and a conclusion
- An APA-formatted title page
- A body length of a minimum of 6 pages (minimum of 8 pages including title page and reference page)
- An APA-formatted reference page with in-text citations
In addition, make sure you:
- Use standard margins: 1″ on all sides
- Use standard 12-point font size
- Use standard double-spacing
- Use left-aligned text; do not right-justify
Your final paper must be your original work; plagiarism will not be tolerated. Be sure to review the Syllabus in terms of what constitutes plagiarism.
Here is the case study I picked it is the case study on Jill:
Jill is a 27-year-old nurse who has come to you for help. She is working to put her husband through medical school. She is complaining about being unassertive. She sits back very uneasily in the chair. When she moves, she sometimes grimaces in pain. She loves her husband and wants to please him but there is nothing she can do to make him happy anymore
Due to her lack of sexual responsiveness, her husband sometimes gets extremely angry and does things to her. Jill is afraid that he will find out that she is here today for help.
Please follow all the directions and here is the book we have used in this class
A Guide to Crisis Intervention Edition: 5th (2015) Author: Kristi Kanel Publisher: Cengage Learning Book ISBN: 978-1285739892 Ebook ISBN: 9781305480964