Rough Draft Requirements:
- The following should be submitted together in one file:
- The first 2-3 pages of a short story (fiction) AND
- 2-3 pages of poetry (2-3 pages of poetry, not 2-3 poems).
- When it comes to the poetry, your goal is to build a mini collection of poems. Write enough individual poems–each with a length of your choice–to fill 2-3 pages. Poetry may be single-spaced. Boldface your poem titles, and leave a little white space between poems—just enough to show readers where one poem ends and the next one begins. DO NOT try to get away with placing one extremely short poem on each page just to reach the page limit.
- Submit your work as a single attachment to the Workshop discussion board assigned to you. You may attach your work as a .doc or .pdf, add it as a link to a Google Drive doc, or you may simply copy/paste the fiction and poetry you’ve written into the box.
- Important: if you choose to use Google Drive, open your doc, click “share” at the top right, choose the option for “anyone with the link can edit”, then copy/paste the link it generates into your discussion response box.
- When writing your story and poetry, use the ideas you came up with through our prior exercises and assignments. However, if those aren’t working for you right now, try reading the Finding Your Work handout for ideas and info.