This activity describes what researchers have learned about the special abilities of the left and right sides of the brain. You will learn how information is transmitted to these two hemispheres and about the unique function of each.
• What is the name of the band of fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain? What is its function?
• Each hemisphere is primarily connected to the opposite side of the body. This means that a touch on the left hand would be registered in which hemisphere?
• When sound waves enter the right ear, which hemisphere receives the primary information?
• This crossover pattern is also true in part for the visual pathway. When light enters the left eye, which hemisphere receives the information?
• How is the visual pathway from the eye different from that of the ear or hand?
PSYC 101 – INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY
EXPLORING PSYCHOLOGY 7TH EDITION MODULE 4