PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE THE TEMPLATE TO COMPLETE THE PAPER ASSIGNMENT!!!! SCHOLARLY RESOURCES ONNLY
Assessment of Addiction and Co-occurring Disorders
For this assignment, you will select one of the case scenarios provided in the assignment’s Resources and analyze assessment tools that would support the diagnostic process for both the substance use and mental health issues presented. You will need to compare at least two assessments for each area of concern, including the client’s risk of harm to self or others, and point out the relative strengths and limitations of each. Consider scholarly literature and reviews for your selected assessment tool in the Mental Measurement Yearbook, if available, in order to analyze the level of appropriateness of the tool to assess clients from diverse backgrounds. Formulate a provisional diagnosis following DSM-5 criteria using the assessment template provided. Follow the template to address client strengths, challenges, and level of care (see page 75 of the text). This assignment sets the stage for the formulation of the treatment plan in u09a1.
Follow these assignment requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is thoughtful and free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of six scholarly sources. Distinguished submissions will likely exceed this number.
- Length of paper: 6–8 typed, double-spaced pages, plus title page and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to Turnitin to generate a final report prior to submitting the assignment for grading. From the Turnitin tool, use the Final report option for the assignment. When your paper is downloaded and viewable in Turnitin, save the originality report. Refer to the Turnitin.com Tutorial: Viewing Originality Reports (linked in the assignment Resources) for guidance.