Write Your Own Biography
Your final assignment is an opportunity for you to apply the knowledge and strategies you explored during the term. In your final assignment, you will write your own biography as if you had lived to 100 years old. You will include personal data (family, etc.), educational and schooling accomplishments, professional agencies that you belonged to, jobs and career that you have held, those whom you have helped or served, what you will be remembered for, how you lived in your senior years and what kept you healthy until 100 years old, how long you worked, where you were when you passed away, and how active you were in your senior years. Be sure to include a summary of the environmental influences on your behavior and your expected lifespan. You will need to incorporate unit 4 assignment in this paper.
Visit an online library and choose three recent academic journal articles that will support a discussion on your analysis of developmental theories that are relevant to your own personal narrative and development.
Additional information about me:
- I’m the youngest of ten (7 sisters and 2 brothers)
- Have high blood pressure both parents had high blood pressure (genetics)
- Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Nurse Assistant (work part-time as a home health aide).
- Work full time for 19 years as a Revenue Cycle Supervisor
- Graduated with a bachelor and masters in Human Services by age 50
- Take care of my own parents financially, they live with me because my siblings wanted them in a nursing home.
- Member of the National Association of Human Services
- Father lived to be 96 (beat cancer twice)
It is important to always attribute credit to the proper sources when relying on the text, articles, websites, or other sources. You must credit your work when you do any of the following:
- Summarize concepts and theories that you learned in the text, articles, or internet sources.
- Use others’ ideas, theories, and concepts in constructing discussion question responses or completing assignments.
- Use direct quotes in the context of your assignment (when quoting directly, you must use quotation marks).
Your final paper must be your original work; plagiarism will not be tolerated. Be sure to review the Syllabus in terms of what constitutes plagiarism.
Your Assignment should be
- 5–7 pages including the cover page and reference page
- Double-spaced, using a 12-pt. Times New Roman font
- Written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English. This means that your thoughts should be well-organized and original with the viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained. Standard American English guidelines also include the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Written in APA Formatting and Citation style.