Refer to the Wall Street Journal Article “Parts Shortages Crimp US Factories”. Please answer the following questions in a word file and upload on Blackboard.
1.What variety of factors are impacting suppliers ability to meet demands?
2. How are the parts shortages impacting manufacturers? What are these companies doing to compensate?
3. How could the recent shortages be an early indicator of a potential Bullwhip Effect? How can the supply chain be better coordinated to minimize the impact?
4. The article outlines the challenges companies experience when faced with the bullwhip effect. As we face the resurgence of the US economy, how can your company better prepare for a potential bullwhip effect? What actions could you take now to be better prepared? What are the costs and risks of such actions? What are the potential benefits?
Refer to the Wall Street Journal Article “This Thriving City – and Many Others – Could Soon be Disrupted by Robots”. Please answer the following questions in a word file and upload on Blackboard.
1. Why is automation and technology so attractive to manufacturers? To services? What benefits do they expect?
2. What are the challenges to implementing new technology? Why are the companies featured in the article relying on people instead of machines?
3. Is the purchase of technology the same as a continuous improvement effort? How are they different? How are they the same? How are robots being utilized in warehouse management?