Compare and contrast the response to Hurricane Katrina (2005) versus the response to the World Trade Center on 9/11 (2001).
Choose one option:
- Write a 2- to 2 1/2-page paper comparing the two incidents with consideration for the questions listed below.
- Prepare a 3- to 4-minute audio/video presentation comparing the two incidents with consideration for the questions listed below.
Consider the following questions:
- How was critical infrastructure affected?
- How were the incidents similar and different?
- Who were the first responders on the scene and what additional personnel/agencies were called to assist?
- What was the command structure utilized during the response?
- Was the area/nation prepared for this critical incident?
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Discussion Question: How might the diﬀerent reward systems at Nucor, individual
empowerment and economic incentives, motivate people diﬀerently? Or do they have the same eﬀect?
Your initial response should be at least 200 words in length, reflecting on the prompt above.
Theories of Social Context
Think back to the first time you rode your bike without your parent’s steady hand to guide you along the path. Even if you never learned to ride a bike, you likely can imagine how it might feel to look behind you and discover the absence of that steady hand to keep you upright. At first you might wobble due to a sudden surge of uncertainty and fear in your chest. But as your confidence builds, your ride smoothes out, and a smile invades your face as you realize that you are riding your bike all by yourself.
Now imagine if you focused on that initial fear of riding the bike without help and as a result you fell and scraped your leg. Focusing on the fear rather than focusing on the fact that you were in the midst of successfully riding your bike might have caused you to fall. Being paralyzed by or focusing exclusively on the fear are examples of an ineffective response to stress that results in no reduction of the anxiety and no resolution to the situation.
With a scraped leg, your parent is now at your side comforting you and reminding you that your leg will heal and next time the outcome will be better. Social support like this is known to be an effective buffer against the impact of stress and enhances recovery from disease.
Humans develop and learn within a social context. Culture and social interactions are part of the environmental framework with which the organism continually interacts. Therefore, you might reactively know how to escape a dangerous encounter; however, coping with less harmful situations often is learned and influenced by those in your environment. There is strong evidence that context affects coping strategies. Consider how social context is fundamental to understanding stress and coping.
For this Discussion, review this week’s Learning Resources including the “Coping in a Social Context” handout. Consider how social context affects the development and effectiveness of coping mechanisms to manage stress. Think about whether social context has an impact on coping mechanisms for the population you selected in Week 3.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 an explanation of the influence that social context might have in the development of coping mechanisms to manage stress. Then explain one theoretical framework of coping in a social context. Finally, explain whether social context influences the coping mechanisms of the population you selected in Week 3. Be specific.
Be sure to support your postings with the theory you selected and support your responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Compare the physical assessment of a child to that of an adult. In addition to describing the similar/different aspects of the physical assessment, explain how the nurse would offer instruction during the assessment, how communication would be adapted to offer explanations, and what strategies the nurse would use to encourage engagement
Use the same annual statements for Starbucks as for the prior module. The Starbucks income statements should be used for the first two questions. Do additional research as necessary for the last question.
IBISWorld is a proprietary database providing industry research. It is accessible via the Trident library. The database is found under additional library resources and offers a lot of interesting industry information including financial information.
- Locate the income statement for the past two years. Prepare a table in good format comparing at least ten revenue and expense items for the two years. Did the numbers increase or decrease? What can we learn from this information?
- Comment on the changes from one year to another. Is the company doing better or worse? Did revenues and expenses increase or decrease? Are revenues and expenses moving in the same direction?
- How is Starbucks doing vis-à-vis the industry? Use IBISWorld to answer this question.
- Investors emphasize earnings per share. Why is this number so important and what are some of the shortcomings of this number?
Incorporate responses to the questions above in an organized format. Start with an introduction and end with a conclusion/summary. Use headings and subheadings to organize the essay. Do not forget to include references in APA format. Incorporate the required table into the Word document. Do not submit a separate spreadsheet. The suggested length is five to seven pages, including the table.
Part 1 of the assignment: I have uploaded pages from the reading to complete this assignment. First, you will create a powerpoint (or bulletin points to layout the important parts of the section). the first slide will discuss the first part of the reading about Critical Reflection. (I would label this slide “What is Critical Reflection?”) The second powerpoint slide or bulletin points would be labeled “Benefits of Critical Thinking” from the second part of the reading section. There should be at least 4 bulletin points on each slide. Part 2 of the assignment: Also, there should be a brief explanation about each important bulletin point but not on the powerpoint slide. Below is what also need to be discussed.
The focus of this assignment should be how to integrate the particular learning leadership trait into the current placement setting. What would this leadership style look like in the placement setting (Social ork intern at the VA (Veteran Affairs))? What are the limitations? Opportunities? Can you imagine yourself as this type of leader? Are there leaders in your agency who demonstrate this learning leadership characteristic?
What are some of the special communication issues facing single parents and their children? How can these issues be handled most constructively?
Using APA formatting, include a title page, body (with intro and conclusion), in- text citations and reference page with a minimum of 3 academic references. Submission should be 2-3 pages in length.
Can you please help me the below question.
Surveillance of information technology systems using biometric and access control systems
Note: need 12 – 13 pages document on above topic(Excluding Reference page and Title page).. And 11 – 12 slides ppt. Please write Document in APA formate and citation and with Reference
Describe your proposed solution (100-250 words).
Preparing an Implementation Plan
Develop an implementation plan (1,000-1,500 words). The elements that should be included in your plan are listed below:
- Method of obtaining necessary approval(s) and securing support from your organization’s leadership and fellow staff.
- Description of current problem, issue, or deficit requiring a change. If you are proposing a change in current policy, process, or procedure when delivering patient care, describe first the current policy, process, or procedure as a baseline for comparison.
- Detailed explanation of proposed solution (new policy, process, procedure, or education to address the problem/deficit).
- Rationale for selecting proposed solution.
- Evidence from your review of literature in Topic 2 to support your proposed solution and reason for change.
- Description of implementation logistics. (When and how will the change be integrated into the current organizational structure, culture, and workflow? Who will be responsible for initiating the change, educating staff, and overseeing the implementation process?)
- Resources required for implementation: staff; educational materials (pamphlets, handouts, posters, and PowerPoint presentations); assessment tools (questionnaires, surveys, pre- and post-tests to assess knowledge of participants at baseline and after intervention); technology (technological or software needs); funds (cost of educating staff, printing or producing educational materials, gathering and analyzing data before, during, and following implementation); and staff to initiate, oversee, and evaluate change.
Prepare an evaluation plan (500-750 words) supported by your critical appraisal of the literature.
- Discuss methods to evaluate the effectiveness of your proposed solution.
- Describe what your projected outcomes will be and what variables will be assessed.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
1. Briefly explain the differences among accreditation, state licensing, and Medicare/Medicaid certification.
2. General Hospital has lost many paper records due to recent flooding. What PI tool could be used to analyze and address this situation? Provide a suggestion to improve the situation.
3. With the implementation of electronic health records, many clinicians have started to use “cut and paste” functions when documenting their notes in the patient medical record. AHIMA urges action on “cut and paste”, viewing it as a negative trend in patient care documentation. Evaluate and explain the risks and benefits of “cut and paste”. What is your position on this issue?